1. Using a small zigzag or a narrow serger edging, clean finish each side seam edge individually. Note that using the zigzag will slightly reduce your seam allowance so you will want to take a narrower (than 1/4") seam when you sew the side seams together or your blouse may end up with a very tight fit.
2. Sew the side seams and press the seams open.
3. Unfold the pressed in edges of the facing and clean finish the entire hem edge.
4. Fold the hem edge of facing to the outside and sew across the end along the 1/4" seam line (see white line in photo).
5. Trim the corner off of the facing inside edge being careful not to clip through the stitching.
6. Turn the facing to the inside making a sharp corner.
7. Press the hem up all the way across. Finish the hem by hand.
8. Topstitch around the front opening edges and the collar. The hem can also be topstitched if you wish, but do it along the hem line rather than the edge of the fold.
9. Finish the blouse front opening with sew-on snaps and button trim.
|HOME||CLASSES||CLASS 86 INDEX||LESSON 1||LESSON 2|
|LESSON 3||LESSON 4||LESSON 5||LESSON 6||LESSON 7|