1. Clip diagonally into the inside corner of the coat front. See the pattern, be careful not to clip more than it shows. If you clip up to the point where the stitching will meet it will be more than 1/4". Very carefully, press in the edges of the coat front and back 1/4" to the inside.
2. On the right side of the coat front, pin your 1/4" ribbon in place as shown on the coat front pattern piece.(Or as I did, press the edges in on a piece of your trim fabric.)
3. Check to make sure both trim pieces match up before sewing. The edges can be topstitched (for any size) or sewn on by hand using the invisible slip stitch (recommended).
4. Once you have the trim sewn on, you can trim off the excess along the front edge and press under the extra at the corner edge and tack it down on the back side.
5. Matching the center of the collar to the center of the neckline of the coat, pin the collar in place.
6. Starting at the center and working out to the edges, sew the collar in place inside the 1/4" seam allowance.
|HOME||CLASSES||CLASS 73 INDEX|
|LESSON 1||LESSON 2||LESSON 3|
|LESSON 4||LESSON 5||LESSON 6|